Sunday, November 16, 2014

Fibershed Wool & Fine Fibers Symposium

Since one of my goals this year is to get back to blogging, I thought I would post before the new year. This weekend a group of us headed to Fibershed's Symposium in beautiful Point Reyes, California. The weather was beautiful and the scenery was breathtaking. We arrived just before the first panel and settled to hear Rebecca Burgess, author of Harvesting Color. She set the stage with an amazing panel of speakers on breeding practices about building heirloom garments, predator and pollinator-friendly practices, Pasture Health, and Diversity. There were also mini Hands-on Demos throughout the day along with many locally grown fibers and handmade goods for sale. It was a wealth of knowledge for me and I am excited to see what year four brings for Fibershed.

No comments:

Post a Comment